NEW "Kit Challenge" with Brandi!!!

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Well hello there my fellow crafters!!! I hope you are ready for some fabulous news!!!!  Here at Frosted Designs, we want to say "Thank You" to all of our wonderful kit members... And what better way than to have a challenge just for you?!?  That's right... Frosted Designs is now hosting a brand new "Kit Challenge" every month!!!! 

What does that mean you ask?!?  Well, each month, you will be given a "challenge" that requires you to use products from your kit.  It might be a "recipe" challenge, sketch challenge, color combo, etc..  All you have to do is pull out those wonderful goodies from Barb and get crafting!!!

For the first month, I would like to do a "Recipe" challenge.  I will give you a list of "ingredients", and you must use at least THREE of them on your project.  Feel free to use ANY OTHER products, as long as you have at least three of the items listed, you're in it to win it!!! Easy peasy, right?!?  You have all month to complete the challenge so this won't affect you entering the other fabulous challenges here at FD!!!  It's just another opportunity for you to enter in for some wonderful prizes (and boy, do I have some amazing sponsors lined up!!!). 

So, enough of the talk...  Here is your list of ingredients:

(Remember, you only have to use THREE or more... not all of them!!!!)
White Gel Pen (GREAT for faux stitching!)
At least ONE of the Distress Inks (Lemon and Raspberry included!)
At least ONE of the wood veneer pieces
The color PINK
At least ONE sticker (Full sheet included!)

This month's kit challenge sponsor is "My Creative Classroom".   One lucky winner will receive a free seat to a Workshop class of their choice.....Good Luck!



My Creative Classroom is an online arts and crafts learning center. Our interactive and in-depth courses are instructor led and filled with wonderful projects and techniques to help you get the most out of your supplies.

Out Spring 2014 Semester is just beginning and will offer well over 100 courses. Along with our Traditional Instructor-led Workshop Classes we have also added Self-Paced Workshops. We've recently added more classes to our Library, which offers retired classes at 40%-50% off regular price.

We have opened our brand new challenge blog, My Creative Life 2014 , which will issue challenges to help us use all of our supplies this year. Along with that is the companion course with the same title, which is FREE to our newsletter subscribers. Come join in on the fun and test drive MCC.

We are excited to be sponsoring Frosted Designs Challenge Blog. You can view our entire class list on our website at My Creative Classroom. You can also view classes on our Facebook Page too!


I decided to make a couple of things, using different items from the list on each.  Here's a look:
First, an altered tag:

From the Kit:
Basic Grey "Fresh Cut" paper for the background, stickers, white flowers (misted with Lindy's and coated with gesso!), two wood veneers (bird and cage), resin lockbox and key, both distress inks (combined they make a beautiful color that I applied to the edges of the tag!), faded dots stencil, and pink tulle!

I used molding paste atop the faded dots stencil on my background.  What a wonderful effect!!!


For the birdcage, I first used Versamark ink to stamp an image, then heat embossed it.  Once dry, I misted with various inks and topped with gesso!




Next, a layout:
From the Kit:
Basic Grey "Fresh Cut papers, stickers, heart and ticket wood veneers (I added the "sunshine" sticker atop the ticket piece, then trimmed it!), both distress inks, faded dots stencil, and the white gel pen (faux stitching in several areas)!

I used the stencil again to add some texture to the background and both distress inks together to add color to my doilies.  I just LOVED the ticket wood veneer so I added the "sunshine" sticker on top and cut around the edges.  It came out so cute!!!



 I created a banner with stickers and heart wood veneers from the kit.  I used both inks to add color to the hearts, then outlined them in white, gently wiping it before it dried for a faint line.





And lastly, a card:

From the Kit:
Basic Grey "Fresh Cut" papers, paint dauber, white gel pen, white flowers (also misted with Lindy's!), sticker, and Raspberry distress ink

This was super fast and easy to make!!! The kit just makes it so simple!!!!  I simply cut down papers to size for my card and distressed the edges with the raspberry ink.  I painted the doily with the dauber, added a sticker and some flowers, and voila!!!! A ready to use card in a flash!!!!

Well gang....  I can't wait to see what YOU CREATE with your fabulous bag of goodies!!!!  Have a LUCKY day :-)

You have until 12:00 pm (cst) Wednesday, February 26th to link up your project below.

Products from the Frosted Designs Store:



 photo Brandi_zps9c46318b.jpg

7 Comments »

7 Responses to “NEW "Kit Challenge" with Brandi!!!”

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a GREAT challenge and love love love what you created!! GORGEOUS!!!!!

BrendaB said...

Fabulous creations, Brandi! I love that subtle background with the stencil and molding paste!

SandeeNC said...

I love this kit challenge, Shades of Spring is such a beautiful kit!

Jean said...

Cool challenge! And how sweet is yours! Love the layout and card toO!

Pat said...

Beautiful work Brandi & great challenge!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Such gorgeous work Brandi as always. Love the awesome challenge.
xxx

ladynurse4 said...

This is an awesome kit! Love it! But I used the recipe challenge in the kit newsletter and it did not say anything about using a sticker. So I didn't. But, I know I will be making so many more wonderful projects with this great kit!